NAADA Summer Meeting 2021
The information below covers what you can to do prepare for our virtual meeting and tips for navigating through our event platform.
You must use Chrome!
- Join the live sessions from Whova/Agenda
- If you already have already logged into or downloaded Whova, submit a Roundtable Question in the Q&A section.
- Unfortunately, we had a technical glitch with our DoorDash certificates, resulting in a mass cancelation. We are so bummed to lose this little perk of the meeting and apologize for the inconvenience!
- Don’t forget to take advantage of the icebreakers and introductions in Community!
We host our virtual meetings using the Whova platform. To get a full meeting experience, consider using both the mobile and desktop versions of Whova.
Why should I (attendee) download the mobile app?
The Whova app supercharges your meeting experience.
- Connect with other members
- Interact with speakers
- Leave a comment on a session
- Share on social media easily
- Get real-time event updates through push notifications
How will I (attendee) use the desktop platform?
You must have Whova to join our sessions. Plan on using both the mobile and web applications the day of the meeting, this way, you can take advantage of all the engagement opportunities through the mobile app while viewing our sessions on the “big screen.” We are live streaming through Whova and require you to log in to the desktop app through the Chrome browser.
I’ve downloaded the app. Now what?
- After downloading the app, please click the Sign-Up/Sign In button and enter your information to create an account. You will be asked for an event invitation code after installing Whova. The event invitation code is NAADAMTG2021. We also recommend that you update your notification settings to enable notifications from Whova so you don’t miss important messages.
- Update your attendee profile.
What can I do leading up to the meeting to prepare?
- Please take a moment to review the app and familiarize yourself with the different menu options available:
- Home – Upon logging in, you will find a list of additional resources (see details below), an overview of our event, and the main navigation menu along the bottom.
- Agenda – View our meeting agenda, find details on each session, and customize your agenda to include the sessions you wish to attend. To do this, simply click on a session and then click + Add to My Agenda.
- Attendees – Browse speakers and attendees and connect with them! Simply scroll through the list and select a speaker or attendee to see additional details. Click Message or Say Hi to engage before the meeting.
- Community – Engage with other members by posting messages or photos for the organizers or other attendees. You’ll also find details here on other member engagement activities. Please note, all posts added here are public. To send a private message, read below.
- Messages – If you wish to send a private message to an organizer, speaker, or attendee, navigate here to create a new message.
How do I utilize the Additional Resources on the Home page?
- Videos – Following each session, a recording will be uploaded to this section. Check back here to reference a session that you missed or would like to revisit.
- Speakers – We invite you to engage with speakers on the mobile app as many of the interactive features are not available on the desktop version. Through this button, you can read their bio, connect on social media, access speaker social handles, and read recommended articles.
- Session Q&A – Q&A during each session will take place through the Zoom platform. If you have a specific question for a speaker leading up to the event, we invite you to add it by selecting the session in the menu and submitting your question. Please submit your Roundtable questions through the Whova app 24 hours before the session.
- WhovaGuide – You can access step-by-step guides, quick tips, and additional FAQs here.
How do I use the platform for our meeting?
- On the day of the meeting, navigate to the Agenda tab, and select your session. Once there, click the Live Stream button to be automatically directed into the Zoom meeting.
- Be sure to join from Google Chrome.
- Please note, once in the live stream, you will be in the webinar and will interact with the speaker (take polls, participate in live Q&A). Once the session is over, you can simply leave the webinar and navigate to your next event through the Whova app.
Who do I contact if I have a question? (We are happy to help!)
- Leading up to the meeting, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During the meeting, if you have a question for NAADA staff, please message one of our organizers in the app by navigating to the Messages section in your menu or email us at email@example.com.
How do I get my CPE certificates after the meeting?
We have adopted an LMS to deliver training and act as a repository for our CPE certificates. Following the meeting, you will receive an email from https://cpasnet.thecpeseed.com/ alerting you of your enrollment in NAADA’s 2021 Summer Meeting. When you receive the email, please log into the dashboard and change your password. We will upload your qualified CPE certificate within 2 weeks of the program. As a reminder to qualify for CPE, you MUST be in the session for the entire time and engage in the polls. If you cannot use the polling button, please make sure to chat your answer in the dialogue box. For more information on the LMS or qualifying for CPE, please reach out to Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.